Butter and flour to prepare
1 c Butter; (2 sticks) softened
3 c Sugar
7 Eggs; at room temperature
3 c Cake flour; sifted twice,
1 c Whipping cream; ( 1/2 pint)
2 ts Vanilla extract
1. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer at high
speed until soft and smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Reduce speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each
addition. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber
spatula before adding each egg.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups sifted flour and mix until combined. Add whipping cream,
remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and the vanilla. Beat for 1 minute. Pour batter
into prepared pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until a sharp knife inserted into
the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
6. Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cake from
pan and let cool on rack for 2 hours.
7. Serve, or wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator up to five days.